Accessing the meaning and context of metadata in packaged enterprise ERP & CRM application environments is essential for an orderly data domain, but difficult in practice. Industry-standard ERP & CRM packages from global vendors have large, complex, impenetrable data structures; opaque table & field names which present a significant and costly challenge:
- lack of 'business-friendly' metadata, tables or data structures, or worse, metadata 'hidden' behind an API;
- there may be as many as 90,000 tables requiring a lot of time and effort to locate the metadata needle in the proverbial haystack;
- relating, comparing & provisioning those data structures to your wider plans and environment e.g. how many fields, in which instances, are called 'customer', and how many do you have, want or need?
- the risk of non-compliance arising from failure to locate or curate personally identifiable data (PII) in complex, big data CRM or ERP systems;
- stalling of migration, consolidation or integration projects through data model gaps, inconsistencies or lack of meaning or context;
- data migration plans derailed through failure to locate empty cells in ERP & other systems;
- big data volumes and large, complex, databases make the task even harder without the ability to subset the metadata into more manageable chunks.
- reduces the time, cost & effort of liberating metadata from packaged applications (by as much as 90%);
- improves accuracy, usability &compliance;
- retrieves metadata systematically from the application layer of each package;
- has powerful features for sub-setting metadata into manageable chunks.