Discover compliance risks in CRM or ERP applications
Assiduous corporate governance is a particular challenge faced with the scale & complexity of data models in CRM or ERP applications. Before you can even begin the task of governance, you must first establish whether those applications contain data in scope - or worse, non-compliant data of which you were previously unaware. And if they do contain data in scope, where exactly is that located, given the opacity of table names and data models, and, in some instances, an inaccessible or incomprehensible data dictionary?
The regulatory environment spans personally identifiable information (PII), consumer data, financial & other types of sensitive data, and the regulations are multi-jurisdictional - sometimes conflicting - though in all cases with severe penalties attached. So de-risking your data domain is a good idea if you are concerned about:
- having personal data in systems which would be in breach of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR);
- having consumer data in systems which would be in breach of the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA);
- having financial or transactional data that may have been overlooked, relevant to AML, the Patriot Act or risking fiscal liability;
- being unwittingly in possession of non consensual or expired consent data;
- not having deleted key data when others have invoked their right to be forgotten;
- inadequate backup and failover policies, resulting in deleted data being re-provisioned into live systems;
A metadata discovery tool like Safyr can remarkably shorten the time & effort required by these laborious, but vital, governance tasks.
Imagine the cost of not being compliant? Safyr is definitely a smarter option!